Jack connections in cpal

Hi,
does anyone know if it is possible to configure the jack connections when using cpal? For examples lets say I have 16 audio inputs on my interface, then jack shows them as system capture_1 .. capture_16. Now, I would like to be able to select one of them as input to record data, lets say capture_2. Is this somehow possible, or would I need to use a lower level lib like Rust Jack for this?
Until now, I have only found out how to connect to 1, 2, 4… of them.

I don’t think that’s possible with cpal’s abstractions. It should be though. It looks like there is an open GitHub issue for that. In the meantime, I’m finding it easier to work with the JACK bindings than deal with imperfect cross platform abstractions. I am interested in making the JACK bindings easier to deploy cross platform.

Thanks for your response. I’m experimenting a bit with Room Impulse Response measurement and thought it would be nice to use a cross-platform implementation right from the beginning, but if it doesn’t support this feature I will switch to the JACK bindings for now.

The JACK bindings are now usable cross platform.

By the way, you may want to look into GitHub - HEnquist/camilladsp: A flexible cross-platform IIR and FIR engine for crossovers, room correction etc.